Vinyl flooring is a novelty in the market. This is a kind of compromise between laminate flooring, linoleum and parquet. Vinyl flooring is sometimes mistakenly called a vinyl laminate. This is not a laminate at all. A visit to https://empirefloors.com/cost-to-install-vinyl-plank-flooring/ makes everything perfect.
Unlike laminate, vinyl coatings are completely devoid of the wood component. Let’s take a closer look at the typical composition of vinyl coatings.
Vinyl Coating Structure:
- The lowest layer consists of polyvinyl chloride, it is the basis and has direct contact with the floor during installation.
- The second layer is fiberglass. It is very durable and protects the vinyl floor from various deformations.
- The third layer can be called intermediate, this is a layer based on PVC with the addition of sand and quartz, this gives the coating additional strength.
- The fourth layer is decorative. This is a film that imitates a particular pattern. For example, wood, stone, leather, designer drawing and other materials.
- The final fifth layer is polyurethane. This material reliably protects the top coating from water, dirt, ultraviolet radiation, mechanical damage and scratches. Also, this layer gives the “structure” of the coating.
- Now, understanding what vinyl floors are, let’s move on to their important features and varieties
Varieties and features of vinyl coatings:
Castle vinyl floors
This coating is very easy to install. The principle is exactly the same as in a parquet board or laminate. Laying occurs in rows by means of snapping the boards together. Before laying, make sure that the base is perfectly flat. If the base is not aligned, use special vinyl backing.
Adhesive vinyl floors look like cut linoleum, but as described above, this is far from linoleum. It is necessary to lay such coatings on a perfectly even base using special glue.
“Modular styling” – this concept refers to the creation of an arbitrary pattern using various decors and colors of vinyl floors. For example, you can layout an interesting and bizarre pattern from different collections and decors of vinyl. To crank up such a trick with parquet, laminate or linoleum will be practically impossible.
Use of any heated floors, most vinyl coatings are not afraid of temperature extremes. For example, Quick-Step floors from the Pulse Click collection can withstand temperatures up to 60 degrees Celsius. It is worth noting that when laying, you need a special substrate.
Absolute water resistance
Vinyl coverings are completely protected from water. This is a great solution for finishing the floor in the bathroom, hallway, kitchen.
Warm and pleasant to the touch having all the advantages of ordinary stone tiles (water resistance, modularity), vinyl floors are very warm, moderately soft and can imitate any decor.
Based on the facts described above, we proceed to the choice of a vinyl floor.
Let’s not be wise, the choice of any floor covering ultimately comes down to the choice of color (pattern, decor). We will describe only the important points.
Simple steps for choosing a vinyl cover:
Look at the floor. Yes, seriously, look at the base where you plan to lay this coating. If it is perfectly flat, you can choose both the castle and adhesive vinyl floors. If the base is not completely even (differences are greater than 1-2 mm per 1 sq. M. Area), and you do not want to level it – only a castle cover with a thin substrate is suitable for you.
Having decided on the laying system (glue; lock), pay attention to such a parameter as a chamfer. As in a laminate or parquet, a chamfer will hide small flaws in the floor, give the room greater solidity and massiveness. Chamfered floors are more popular than without.